From: Christian Heim <phreak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] net-wireless/ipw3945{,d} needs your help
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 09:19:13
1 As some of you may know, I'm the sole (well, seemant is supposed to help
2 too :P) maintainer of the above package. The problem with it is simply that
3 it's closed source (at least the regulatory daemon and the ucode).
4
5 The package itself is hopefully going away when iwl3945 is finally useable.
6 Until then, this package _still_ needs someone who is willing going to
7 maintain it. I already fixed most of the bugs in bugzilla, but it still needs
8 some more work.
9
10 I haven't had hardware in the first place, and only took it over from Hendrik
11 (brix). So unless someone steps up in the next week or so, this package is
12 going to get reassigned to maintainer-needed since I absolutely have _ZERO_
13 interest in maintaining it any longer.
14
15 Regards,
16
17 Christian
20 Christian Heim <phreak at gentoo.org>
21 GPG key ID: 9A9F68E6
22 Fingerprint: AEC4 87B8 32B8 4922 B3A9 DF79 CAE3 556F 9A9F 68E6