From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Player, Stage, Gazebo eBuilds
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:27:58
1 On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:06:06 +0200 Stefan Schweizer
2 <genstef@g.o> wrote:
3 | I think we should either give cvs access to everyone who wants to
4 | contribute
5
6 Yeah right. Have you had a look at the ebuilds currently assigned to
7 maintainer-wanted? I count maybe three dozen out of six hundred that
8 pass basic QA checks. The tree is already full of crap, do you want to
9 lower the bar even further?
10
11 Face it, ebuild writing is *not* an easy job, and getting as many
12 things into the tree as possible is a stupid goal. I'd rather see a
13 tree half the size that was properly maintained than a huge and
14 unusable tree.
15
16 Or would you like to trust anyone who can stick their hand in the air
17 with root access to your box? Because that's what you're proposing.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm