From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [liveebuild] Standard eclass interface for vcs
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:56:12
1 Something I'd like to have to ease the live template implementation
2 would be a standardized eclass interface for every vcs, right now every
3 eclass does more or less the same things BUT with slight differences and
4 obviously with different names.
5
6 Now, I'd like to know which interface you'd consider good.
7
8 The live ebuild needs a way to preserve a reference
9 (revision/hash/timestamp), right now some eclasses have variables to
10 store the revision to be fetched from which branch that defaults to the
11 main branch and the tip of it if unset. Leaving those unset in the
12 template and saving those post install in the vdb should suffice.
13
14 lu
18 Luca Barbato
19 Gentoo Council Member