From: Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new sword-module eclass
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 05:38:40
1 Okay, this is my first attempt at writing an eclass, so comments are
2 welcome.
3
4 First of all, here's the background. Sword modules are currently lumped
5 together in one general package (sword-modules), when it would be
6 simpler and easier to track them by having them as individual packages,
7 each in app-dict, with a package naming scheme of "sword-ModName"
8 format. ModName is the naming scheme used upstream to release modules
9 as, so creating ebuilds is going to be in the official releases a matter
10 of just inheriting the eclass and setting the SWORD_MODULE variable.
11 The eclass takes care of the rest, which is just unpacking the files and
12 dropping them in /usr/share/sword
13
14 Since upstream[1] doesn't have any proper versioning scheme (all
15 releases are ModName.zip, regardless of version), I'm going to manually
16 host a mirror on spaceparanoids[2] of the module with the version
17 suffixed on the filename. Alternatively, I could just put them in
18 distfiles-local. With the eclass, we can have ebuilds for each version
19 release.
20
21 Let me know what you guys thinks. Thanks.
22
23 Here's the eclass:
24
25 # Copyright 1999-2008 Gentoo Foundation
26 # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
27 # $Header: $
28
29 #
30 # eclass to simplify installation of Sword modules
31 # Bugs to theology@g.o
32 #
33
34 HOMEPAGE="http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/"
35 SRC_URI="http://spaceparanoids.org/downloads/sword/${SWORD_MODULE}-${PV}.zip"
36
37 SLOT="0"
38 IUSE=""
39
40 S="${WORKDIR}"
41
42 RDEPEND="app-text/sword"
43 DEPEND="app-arch/unzip"
44
45 sword-module_src_install() {
46 insinto /usr/share/sword/modules
47 doins -r "${S}"/modules/*
48 insinto /usr/share/sword/mods.d
49 doins "${S}"/mods.d/*
50 }
51
52 EXPORT_FUNCTIONS src_install
56 And also a sample ebuild that inherits it, this would be
57 app-dicts/sword-WebstersDict-1.1.ebuild:
61 # Copyright 1999-2008 Gentoo Foundation
62 # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
63 # $Header: $
64
65 SWORD_MODULE="WebstersDict"
66
67 inherit sword-module
68
69 DESCRIPTION="Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary of the English
70 Language 1913"
71 HOMEPAGE="http://crosswire.org/sword/modules/ModInfo.jsp?modName=WebstersDict"
72 LICENSE="public-domain"
73 KEYWORDS="~amd64"