From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dropping ia64/ppc/sparc profiles to dev/exp
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 20:46:57
1 Am Sonntag, 7. Mai 2017, 22:24:35 CEST schrieb Michał Górny:
2 >
3 > > Anyhow, I formally request the Council to vote on dropping these archs
4 > > to unstable/exp profiles for the next Council meeting, explicitly
5 > > overriding any arch concerns that are likely to awake now and going to
6 > > be running around like headless chicken.
7 >
8 > I'm against. Turning more arches into dev/exp only introduces hidden
9 > depgraph breakages. I think it'd be better if we looked into
10 > the arch.desc proposal and just disabled stable keywords for those
11 > architectures.
12
13 That's also what I would prefer (this is exactly what arches.desc is good
14 for).
15
16 [I'm later going to make some updates over there taking the feedback into
17 account.]
20 Andreas K. Hüttel
21 dilfridge@g.o
22 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)