From: Cedric Veilleux <cedric@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] desktop
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:58:36
1 On August 27, 2003 08:47 pm, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 > I've heard a lot of people say the same thing - that when they install a
3 > desktop, they want the default, not a distribution-customized setup.
4
5 Couldn't agree more.. Coming from a redhat and mandrake world, when I first
6 installed a desktop on my gentoo system, a while ago, I was so pleased by the
7 way it looked compared to the customized KDE / gnone installation on some
8 other distro..
9
10 Then I discovered that this was actually the default desktop :)
13 Although, I must say that some work needs to be done in the desktop area.. A
14 working menu system would be great... Adding missing menu entries just after
15 merging an application is a pain, especially since non-techies often consider
16 an application to be installed if they see the icon, and not-installed when
17 they don't..
20 juste mes 2 cennes :)
23 Cedric
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list