From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Putting all log related packages into it's own category (sys-logging)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:45:14
1 On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 14:13 +0100, Bjarke Istrup Pedersen wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hey.
6 >
7 > I was thinking, how about putting all log related packages into their
8 > own category?
9 > This should be logging daemons, log viewers, logrotate etc.
10 >
11 > Maybe creating a logging herd would be an idea to, to remove the load
12 > from the base-system herd.
13 >
14 > What do you think?
15
16 I think most pkgs are fine where they are at now.
17 The main logging pkgs do not suffer from not being maintained.
18 app-admin/ where most things are now seems the most fitting.
21 solar <solar@g.o>
22 Gentoo Linux
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list