From: Rob Cakebread <robc@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Too root or not to root?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:14:21
1 On Thursday 21 August 2003 04:54 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 21 August 2003 19:39, Rob Cakebread wrote:
3 > > Is there a good reason that $WORKDIR isn't world readable? Should I just
4 > > not worry about it and continue requiring everyone run as root?
5 >
6 > have you tried userpriv at all ? that just requires the user to be in the
7 > group portage ... and yes, imo, the $WORKDIR should be o-rwx
8 >
9 > portage is going the way of not requiring root ...
10 > -mike
11
12 No I didn't set 'userpriv' because make.conf says that it also removes sandbox access violations for users. But now I see the 'usersandbox' which re-enables sandboxing while running with userpriv. Ah ha.
13
14 Thanks, I think that should do it.
15
16 Does anyone think its a waste to add all the sudo stuff and run as regular user? Or just run the app as root?
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list