From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New project: Gentoo Seeds
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:16:48
1 On 9/20/06, Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> wrote:
2 > Well, now it's gotten to the point where people are being sneaky and underhanded
3 > about this whole thing. Stuart (I believe) said that they had talked to members
4 > of releng about this, but the truth seems to be that Stuart talked with rocket
5 > and Xen support in stages and some random user associated with this project
6 > talked to plasmaroo about using catalyst for stage4 builds.
7
8 Could you be a little more polite about our users _please_? There was
9 a day when I was just "some random user", just as there was for you
10 and everyone else who is, or has been, a Gentoo dev.
11
12 Here's one thing I don't get. We have a project (Gentoo Seeds), which
13 is attracting interest and volunteers both from inside the Gentoo dev
14 ranks and (especially) outside. Granted, it's not a lot of people,
15 but interest is always welcome. Assuming we go on, and are successful
16 in establishing a sustainable project, that translates into extra
17 folks working on releases (and fresh eyes to boot). It might only be
18 one or two people, but that's still one or two people more than what
19 we had midnight last Sunday.
20
21 Given all the complaints from releng in general (and Chris in
22 particular) about there not being _enough_ folks working on releases,
23 isn't this a _great_ opportunity for releng to recruit some
24 additional, motivated folks to help solve that problem? Can't you see
25 that?
26
27 How much of a dent in this opportunity do you think this afternoon's
28 outpouring has made? How many folks, reading what you've said (and
29 what you've ignored), will still feel motivated to consider maybe
30 moving on to releng in the future?
31
32 Could you have a think about that, and re-consider the unnecessary
33 hostility and unjustified accusations that you're filling this thread
34 with?
35
36 Many thanks,
37 Stu