From: Christian Hartmann <christian.hartmann@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 38: Status of forum moderators in the Gentoo project
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:23:58
1 John Mylchreest wrote:
2 > Infra developers are more often than not package maintainers etc as
3 > well, and have cvs rights. if they don't have cvs rights, they look
4 > after core infrastructure which is vital to Gentoo's survival.
5
6 Forums built a community.
7 Quote: '"Best support" went to the Gentoo Forums'
8
9 http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/20050314-newsletter.xml#doc_chap4
10
11 > Not to take away from the importance (or lack of depending on view) of
12 > moderating the forums, but they are not as critical as official
13 > literature and infrastructure, and also do not necessarily require in
14 > depth knowledge of the technical aspects of any post.
15
16 So I guess it doesn't matter to you if we would advise to use
17 -0mg-optimized flags rather then the ones that (core-)developers recommend?
18
19 > Regardless, I would prefer the term "Staff."
20
21 Sure. As I stated before I'd be fine with that.
22
23 > Also, I don't really see the need in having shell access to the
24 > developer boxes. what use would this be?
25
26 To host patches, docs etc. Just like every other devs/staff guy does
27 atm. (Sure. toucan isn't meant to be a download server and we're aware
28 of this fact.)
31 Kind regards,
32 Christian Hartmann
33
34 Broicher Str. 34
35 46049 Oberhausen
36 Germany
37
38 Mobile: +49 0173 20 71 871
39
40 PGP Key:
41 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x2154E5EE692A4865
42 Key fingerprint = 4544 EC0C BAE4 216F 5981 7F95 2154 E5EE 692A 4865
43 --
44 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list