From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Opportunities to use slot operators
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 13:24:22
1 On 14/04/2013 23:09, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > For whoever is interested I tossed together a script to identify
3 > packages that would immediately benefit from slot operator
4 > dependencies but which are not doing so.
5 >
6 > The list can be found at:
7 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~rich0/missedslotops.txt
8 >
9 > This was generated by:
10 > https://github.com/rich0/finddepslotops
11 >
12 > Feel free to make use of either as you see fit, make improvements,
13 > submit improvements, fork, whatever. If one of your packages is on
14 > the list feel free to update it! (And yes, I realize that in many
15 > cases this may have been done with newer versions of the packages not
16 > on the list - I didn't make any attempts to filter that out.)
17 >
18 > Also, I'm sure I've used the portage API in less-than-ideal ways.
19 > Having not really used it before this was half a learning exercise.
20 > Feel free to send me suggestions/pointers. If somebody knows of an
21 > easy way to process metadata in python (short of just parsing the xml
22 > myself) let me know - I didn't see any kind of API for that.
23 >
24 > Rich
28 That's a very useful tool, thanks for making it.