From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2007
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 04:19:54
1 Thierry Carrez wrote:
2
3 > Those were nominated but did not (yet) confirm their participation :
4 >
5 > `Kumba
6
7 Arrr me mateys!
8
9 err, that's not until Sept. 19th....my bad. Reading over the current nominees,
10 the field looks pretty varied. It'll be a fun race. So I suppose I'll throw my
11 hat into the mix to make the race even more fun!
12
13 My campaign pledges:
14
15 - Pikachu Petting zoo (great for kids)
16 - Cement mixer in the lavatory (don't ask)
17 - Orange sherbert dispenser in the lounge (after we expand it to
18 accommodate all the other proposed vending machines)
19
20 But the best is for last: A MIPS Roller coaster!
21 - 4 different styles of roller coaster with 3 separate tracks each
22 - One track will be simple, yet quite mundane, another semi-functional,
23 but a bit unstable, and the third wholly untested.
24 - They'll range in size from some of the biggest coasters you've ever
25 seen to some being embedded in the lounge (after expansion, of course)
26 - All the parts will be requisitioned from eBay, so the price should be
27 quite cheap.
30 --Kumba
33 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
34 Gentoo Foundation Board of Trustees
35
36 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
37 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
38 --
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list