From: Sherman Boyd <meekrob@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] making %95 of users happy
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:38:54
1 Gentoo is a meta-distribution, or at least it could be if we keep
2 heading in that direction. I think creating a stable Linux workstation
3 with a set of predefined applications that play well together falls
4 under the realm of a sub-distro.
5
6 I guess I'm with the 5% of users that is already happy with Gentoo.
7 I've been using Gentoo Linux on production servers since RC6 and I've
8 never had any problems with 'stability'. Gentoo doesn't force you to
9 install anything, and emerge --pretend works great.
10
11 Sherman Boyd
12 Gentoo Doc Czar
13 meekrob_AT_gentoo.org