From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: autotools-multilib-minimal
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:23:04
1 On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 01:34:47 +0100
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Some people seem to feel uncomfortable with autotools-multilib,
5 > because it depends on autotools-utils.
6
7 To be honest, I don't particularly like autotools-utils, I tend to
8 consider it a useless bloat. However, Michal's work on
9 autotools-multilib is IMHO the right thing to do: If you use the
10 autotools-utils syntax then it's trivial to support multilib without
11 useless duplication of code.
12 I still believe such an eclass as the one you propose is useful, except
13 it's not for autotools (at best temporary for broken autotools based
14 build systems): For example, I have no clue how to do multilib with
15 waf-based build systems without going the 'copy $S and run the usual
16 src_* phases in each directory for each ABI', which is what your eclass
17 is abstracting I think.
18
19 A.