From: Brent Cook <busterb@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Keychain wonderings.
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:34:00
1 Hi,
2
3 If I setup keychain to run in .bashrc on a client machine with:
4
5 /usr/local/bin/keychain ~/.ssh/id_dsa
6 source ~/.ssh-agent-harriet.ozma.union.utexas.edu > /dev/null
7
8 Should it still be possible to use scp to copy files from a server back to
9 a client? When I try it, scp instead displays the keychain startup
10 message:
11
12 lara:~$ scp file busterb@server:~/
13 root@×××××××××××××××××.edu's password:
14
15 KeyChain 1.9; http://www.gentoo.org/projects/keychain
16 lara:~$
17
18 I have a pair of servers. One is a backup that uses rsync with the ssh
19 transport to synchronize nightly with the primary one via a cron job. I
20 use keychain on the backup server so that the cron job will not require a
21 password and run automatically. However, I cannot transfer files while
22 logged into the primary to the backup when keychain running from .bashrc.
23 Is this a problem with the setup or keychain?
24
25 - Brent