From: "Hallgrimur H. Gunnarsson" <hhg@××××.is>
To: Paulo da Silva <psdasilva@×××××××××.pt>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Urgent help! My accented (deadkeys) chars do not work any more ...]
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 17:59:12
1 Hi,
2
3 I had a similar problem with deadkeys. I found a solution
4 on the gentoo forum, I dont remember who came up with it,
5 but here it is (this is for icelandic, adjust it for your
6 language):
7
8 localedef -i is_IS -c -f ISO-8859-1 is_IS
9
10 echo "LC_CTYPE=\"is_IS\"" > /etc/env.d/02locale
11 env-update
12
13 If it doesn't work, try searching on the gentoo forum, there
14 were several other solutions there.
15
16 -- hhg
17
18 On 0, Paulo da Silva <psdasilva@×××××××××.pt> wrote:
19 > Hi,
20 >
21 > After an emerge -e world, followed by emerge -Dp world caused
22 > my dead keys/accented chars to not work any more for X/kde appls!
23 >
24 > On the console they work fine.
25 >
26 > I am using the same XF86Config file I used before.
27 >
28 > I have already posted this to gentoo-user but got no
29 > working fix.
30 >
31 > I also have reemerged xfree.
32 >
33 > I am sending also the LOGs of the sessions.
36 > Thanks for any help.
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list