From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [2 GLEPs] metadata improvements
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 09:30:12
1 Rémi Cardona wrote:
2
3 > Robin H. Johnson wrote:
4 >> On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 04:22:02PM +0200, Tiziano M?ller wrote:
5 >>> One GLEP introduces new elements 'team', 'dev' and 'proxy':
6 >>>
7 http://dev.gentoo.org/~dev-zero/glep/glep-new_metadata_elements.html
9 >> do we still need<herd> elements?
10 >
11 > The Gnome Team has 3 herds : gnome, gnome-mm and gnome-office. While
12 > officially we (us gnomies) are all maintainers of all 3 herds, having 3
13 > herds makes for better housekeeping.
14 >
15 > And who knows, we could add one or two more herds once this GLEP is
16 > approved.
17
18 Well, I'd like to point out that this GLEP does not propose any changes to
19 how herds and teams should be organized.
20 For that I've written this:
21 http://dev.gentoo.org/~dev-zero/glep/glep-team.html
22
23 In the current metastructure you (the gnomies) don't form one team which
24 maintains the packages in the 3 herds gnome{,-mm,-office} but it's rather 3
25 teams (implicitly defined by the corresponding herds).
26 I know this sounds really nitpicking.
27
28 Now, to get the things done we have two possibilities:
29 i) do the changes to metadata.xml, herds.xml and create teams.xml (if the
30 council approves the GLEP once completed) and then adjust our metastructure
31 to what the XML schemas (DTD or XSD) describe
32 or
33 ii) change our metastructure to allow teams to be explicitly defined and
34 describe the relationship between devs, teams, herds and projects properly
35 and then change the XML schemas to match the organizational structure.
40 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list