From: Martin Lesser <gentoo@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Assigning unique system uid/gid for new ebuild
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:15:46
1 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> writes:
2
3 > On Friday 30 May 2003 16:03, Martin Lesser wrote:
4 > > Who assigns these ids used in several other ebuild's where system users
5 > > are needed? How can I prevent id collisions without grepping through
6 > > other ebuild-files?
7 > >
8 > > Or should I omit defining sys-users with a fixed id given?
9 >
10 > In principle packages should never depend on any fixed user id. They should
11 > look at the passwd database for their uid. The only exception is root which
12 > has a predefined userid.
13
14 Ack. But:
15
16 # find /usr/portage -name '*ebuild' | \
17 xargs grep -h 'useradd .*-u'| sort -u | wc
18
19 counts 19 packages.
20
21 How can I prevent from grabbing a fixed uid of an another (not yet
22 installed) package when using the correct useradd (without -u) in my
23 ebuild?
24
25 Martin
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list