From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Doug Freed <dwfreed@×××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Fwd: Cron <gmirror@dipper> /usr/local/bin/pidlock -s rsync-gen /bin/bash /usr/local/bin/mastermirror/rsync-gen.sh
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 07:27:05
1 On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 18:48:39 -0500
2 Doug Freed <dwfreed@×××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > This particular issue has already been fixed, but I'll be forwarding
5 > all these emails to the list from now on (I have to do that manually,
6 > because there are some that aren't anybody's fault, and I don't need
7 > to spam you about those).
8
9 I should point out that:
10
11 1) CI is detecting this kind of issues much faster than you are,
12 and reporting them both to the committer and to a *dedicated* mailing
13 list, so your mail is completely redundant and delayed.
14
15 2) Spamming the developer mailing list is completely unprofessional
16 here. If you are unhappy about those mails, just disable them, and stop
17 blaming people for your misery. Trying to prove others incompetent
18 helps nobody.
19
20 That said, if you forward yet another mail with the same purpose,
21 I will file a formal complaint at ComRel and request suspending your
22 mailing list access.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny
27 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>