From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: rich0@g.o, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Banning modification of pkg-config files
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 20:32:19
1 On Fri, 9 May 2014 16:15:58 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I think fixing upstream is a no-brainer.
5
6 It indeed is, this is the goal; you can force them in multiple ways,
7 some of which can be found on the Lua bug and previous discussion(s).
8
9 > The controversy only exists when upstream refuses to cooperate (which
10 > seems to be the case when we're one of six distros patching it). If
11 > there are other situations where we supply our own files please speak
12 > up.
13
14 Not that I know of; the refusal to cooperate is what this is all about,
15 see my last response to hwoarang before this mail for a short summary.
16 Though, I think that the Lua maintainers can explain all the details...
17
18 > When the only issue is maintainer laziness I could see fixing that in
19 > a different way...
20
21 It has always been an issue; we could always use more manpower, ...
22
23 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Contributing_to_Gentoo
26 With kind regards,
27
28 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
29 Gentoo Developer
30
31 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
32 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
33 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D