From: Fabian Zeindl <fabian.zeindl@×××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for an alternative portage tree sync method
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:16:39
1 There was a proposal some times ago about replacing the current portage
2 tree with a database which contains packagenames, dependencies etc. but
3 no ebuilds with installation instructions.
4 The ebuild will be downloaded by emerge <package>.
5
6 I think this would be a more interesting way of accelerating portage and
7 reduce load from the rsync-mirrors...
8
9 lg
10 fabian