From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: overlays.gentoo.org restoration & post-mortem
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 18:49:18
1 Alex Legler posted on Sat, 18 Jan 2014 13:59:56 +0100 as excerpted:
2
3 > Ironically, the only site that was already using the Tyrian theme (i.e.
4 > the one with a top-right menu) was infra-status.
5 > Now with overlays using the new theme too, I've updated the list.
6 >
7 > (NB: During the outage, I added a link to the site from the g.o
8 > frontpage.)
9
10 That explains...
11
12 1) Why I was unaware of the infra-status page until I saw it mentioned
13 here, then I looked and saw it on the gentoo left-menu and wondered why
14 I'd never seen it before.
15
16 2) Why people were saying top-right, when I was seeing it below-top,
17 left, on the gentoo homepage.
18
19 Thanks.
20
21 Nothing like a real crisis to school people in what was missing from
22 their backups and emergency-preparedness planning. It's easy enough to
23 say "why wasn't...?", from AFTER the fact. =:^\
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman