From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] USE flag documentation
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:58:03
1 On Dec 31, 2007 3:30 PM, Marius Mauch <genone@g.o> wrote:
2 > What benefit does use.xml have over use.desc?
3 [...]
4 > No need to change the format of use.desc
5
6 Anything that would enable us to document with more than a few words,
7 which is what we're practically limited to with the current format of
8 use.desc, would help. The currently available documentation on USE
9 flags is clearly insufficient, maybe not for you and me and other
10 devs, but for the majority of our users. Note that this is not the
11 same as optionally adding more specific documentation on a global flag
12 in the metadata.xml of a package.
13
14 > and get rid of the stupid separation of "local" and "global" flags
15
16 Good idea. How do you plan to cope with the (currently) local USE flag
17 conflicts though ?
18
19 Denis.
20 --