From: Jason Zaman <perfinion@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: cor@××××××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xf86-input-evdev patch problem
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 07:03:58
1 On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 06:56:27AM +0200, Cor Legemaat wrote:
2 > Hi:
3 >
4 > I created a ebuild with a patch for xf86-input-evdev to try and
5 > debounce my mouse button. The ebuild is at
6 > https://github.com/cor-mt/portage-overlay/blob/master/x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev/xf86-input-evdev-2.9.2-r1.ebuild
7 > it compile and install fine but with it installed neither the
8 > keyboard nor mouse is working. If I am correct it should install 100%
9 > the same as from gentoo without the "debounce" use flag but it gives
10 > the same symptoms.
11 >
12 > What am I doing wrong?
13
14 So the problem here is the "inherit linux-info xorg-2" line.
15 The xorg-2 eclass defines few default phase functions which you have
16 overridden.
17
18 If you want to patch the source you should be doing something like this:
19 src_prepare() {
20 use debounce && epatch ${FILESDIR}/your-patch
21
22 xorg-2_src_prepare # this will call the xorg-2 eclass
23 #defined phase function to do the rest of the work
24 }
25
26 Alternatively, if you just want to apply that patch, you are probably
27 better off using epatch_user.
28 Drop your patch in
29 /etc/portage/patches/x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev/your-name.patch
30 and the eclasses will automatically apply the patch. you do not have to
31 make your own ebuild just to apply the patch.
32
33 This has more info: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/patches
34
35 -- Jason