From: "Hanno Böck" <ml@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Beryl maintainer needed
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:55:06
1 Hi,
2
3 As you may know, beryl is a fork of the famous window- and composite-manager
4 compiz (beryl formerly was named compiz-quinnstorm).
5
6 I'm maintaining the compiz package and at first thought I'd also take beryl,
7 but I'd prefer if someone else could take it. My personal opinion is that I
8 don't really see the point of this fork, but there are many users out there
9 that seem to like it.
10
11 There are already testing-ebuilds of beryl in the coffee-overlay
12 (www.xgl-coffee.org). There's a guy with the nick nesl247, who regularly
13 hangs out in #gentoo-xgl on freenode that wrote those ebuilds.
14
15 If any Gentoo dev wants to take care of beryl, please take bug 150033. You
16 should review those ebuilds in the coffee-overlay together with nesl and then
17 add them to portage.
18
19 cu,
20