From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] freebsd.eclass change
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 17:40:44
1 On 07/02/2012 10:54 AM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > hu? yes, as already pointed out, uname is not reliable when
3 > cross-compiling. You should use CHOST, and then you get tc-arch-kernel.
4 > See freebsd-lib ebuild for how it is handled.
5 >
6 > A.
9 In that case, it should be 'local arch=$(tc-arch-kernel)'. Using
10 tc-arch-kernel by itself causes problems when building on Linux, because
11 x86 can be passed, which FreeBSD's build system does not understand.
12
13 Also, this function is not meant for cross compilation. I have been
14 working on building sys-freebsd/boot0 on Linux, which is one place where
15 this is useful. Once it builds properly, I plan to patch it so that it
16 can boot Linux and then have a discussion to decide how these changes
17 will be merged into the main tree (i.e. as sys-freebsd/boot0-r1 or as
18 sys-boot/boot0-linux). Being able to get the appropriate
19 MACHINE_ARCH/MACHINE_CPUARCH values is part of that. It seemed useful
20 enough that I felt it belonged in the eclass.