From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: -Werror unwanted?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 05:00:38
Ryan Hill posted on Mon, 25 Jun 2012 22:57:30 -0600 as excerpted:

> On Mon, 14 May 2012 19:58:13 +0100 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> > wrote: > >> On 05/14/2012 06:03 PM, hasufell wrote: >> > So, I will file a documentation bug unless someone can point me in >> > the right direction. I didn't find a reference to that issue. > >> Open a bug, write a devmanual patch and I will be happy to apply it > > FWIW I started a compiler flag policy / best-practice guide a while > back. > One of these years I'll get around to actually writing it. :p
FWIW, flameeyes' blog has a lot of this sort of content, and with his autotools mythbuster and similar content as well, I gather there's at least some upstream eyes following it. So that's a bit of a start for anyone looking for such information right now, as well as reasonable research for anyone else considering writing such a guide who might want some other references or quote-worthy material. I believe he has specifically covered -Werror too. I know he mentioned it (with a link to /something/, of his or not I didn't check) in a recent entry. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman