From: David Nielsen <Lovechild@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ebuild Janitor Project
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 20:59:57
> what research? It doesn't matter how nice you and your teammates > are if the project has no ability to deliver the product. Keep in mind > I never questioned you or your ability or your projects or your teammates. > I asked how you planned on getting this to work and you reacted > in a very emotional and defensive way. I suggest you evaluate the > goals of the project and your ability to contribute to Gentoo with it. > We will be more than happy to facilitate your project and it's contributions > but you must take the initiative to talk to developers who can help you. >
Okay, our guidelines clearly state that when a fixed ebuild has been confirmed by two other people as working, we submit it to bugzilla. All the ebuild janitors do is make sure that the ebuilds use the USE flags to the maximum of their potential, and of course generally clean them up as there's a lot of stuff in some older ebuilds that is no longer valid. Your mail clearly showed that you had not read those guidelines.. The plan is NOT to fork portage, the plan is NOT to stage a coup, the plan is NOT to start a pissing contest with the developers... the plan is quite simple, to make portage even better. How to make it work, it's simple, fix ebuilds, make sure they work, submit to bugzilla. Should we be so unlucky as to hit a major problem that we can't handle within the project, we will of course take contact to the person in charge, or mail gentoo-dev for input depending on the situation. We have already hit some cases that could be viewed as imperfections in the way flags are handled in Portage, and we have yet to receive any technical feedback on these issues. - Lovechild -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ebuild Janitor Project foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net>
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Ebuild Janitor Project George Shapovalov <george@g.o>