From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: Torsten Veller <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] metadata revised - removal of packages
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 12:27:22
1 9.9.2005, 11:58:21, Torsten Veller wrote:
2
3
4 > Well, i was told that adding the maintainer-needed herd is not a good
5 > idea and it is best to remove metadata.xml if no valuable information
6 > remains.
7
8 > I couldn't find information on that. Can somebody explain?
9
10 I don't understand this idea on removing metadata.xml. There are lots of
11 packages with bug-wranglers@g.o as herd in metadata. Removing
12 metadata.xml is IMHO a really bad idea. Just will make me look at the
13 ChangeLog, assign to maintainer-needed and CC someone who has touched the
14 ebuild most often.
15
16 > 2)
17 > What is the next step after the last maintainer is removed from metadata.xml?
18 > Well i announced these packages on -dev. Now i can wait some time (how
19 > long?) and then?
20
21 Put maintainer-needed in herd seems a logical solution to me. Hmmm. Maybe I
22 missed something?
23
24 --
25 Best regards,
26
27 Jakub Moc
28 mailto:jakub@g.o
29 GPG signature: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
30 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
31
32 ... still no signature ;)