From: Cyrik <Cyrik@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: [gentoo-core] proposal: make gentoo-core publicly read-only
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:20:28
1 Martin Schlemmer wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 18:26, Daniel Armyr wrote:
4 >> > My point is just this, you want access to -core, become a developer,
5 >> > its part of the territory.
6 >>
7 >> Yeah, and if I want to know how my government makes descisions on how my
8 >> life is run I can allways become a high-ranking politician. At this point
9 >> in time, Gentoo simply does not have an open culture, but a closed one. I
10 >> am fore an read-only core, but when reading this thread I have a nagging
11 >> suspicion that this is pointless. The Gentoo devs want to have an ivory
12 >> tower, and ivory towers can not be scaled. The only way to change is for
13 >> the inhabitants to come out freely.
14 >>
15 >> > And I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure that many
16 >> > other non-profit Linux distributions have non-open lists. In fact, I
17 >> > would be very surprised if any Linux distributions don't.
18 >>
19 >> And since then was that an excuse? I thought Gentoo wanted to be better
20 >> than other distros.
21 >
22 > I am guessing you consult your children in all decisions you make
23 > regarding them (if you have any)? Or if you are a manager, do you
24 > consult with your workers in decisions you make ?
28 nope but i tell them why i decided like i did and they know of every
29 decision...
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list