From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Need design help/input for eclean-kernel
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 17:47:07
1 On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > So if you have some time, please reply to this thread with
3 > a specific /boot layout that you think needs to be handled, with
4 > as much helpful information as possible -- including possible
5 > distinctive features and pitfalls.
6
7 Standard "make install" layout with dracut and grub2:
8
9 /boot/vmlinuz-$KV{,.old}
10 /boot/config-$KV
11 /boot/System.map-${KV}
12 /boot/initramfs-$KV.img
13 /boot/grub/grub.cfg generated by grub2-mkconfig contains menu entries
14 for each pairing.
15
16 The other layout I use on my UEFI laptop is the typical systemd-boot
17 (gummiboot) layout, which you are probably familiar with. I don't use
18 dracut on that, so I'm not certain where the initramfs lives.