From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] Breaking up the beast known as app-games
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 23:39:14
1 On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 14:47, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Wow, this came up once again *and* it got some notice this time, nice!
3 > This is my big yes on this with a remark that this will also be usefull to
4 > sort multiple packages under dev-libs. Some are more scientific and may
5 > reside under app/sci/libs or some such, some belong elsewhere...
6
7 I will make sure this gets added to the next complete rewrite of
8 Portage, as well as many other things. However, for now, we should work
9 within the existing cat/pkg structure. The "cat/pkg concept" is tightly
10 integrated into the existing Portage code.
11
12 Best Regards,
13
14 Daniel