From: Brad House <brad@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ANNOUNCING -- x86 and amd64 2.6 livecds now available
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:05:48
1 Thanks to Bob Johnson's (LiveWire) hard work, we now have livecd's
2 available for x86 and amd64 that use the 2.6 kernel.
3
4 The x86 livecd can be found here:
5 http://gentoo.oregonstate.edu/experimental/x86/livecd/livecd-2.6_10-23-2003.iso
6
7 There are 2 amd64 livecds, one with only the stage 1
8 build (basic), and the other with all 3 stages (full). Which can
9 be found here:
10 http://gentoo.oregonstate.edu/experimental/amd64/livecd/gentoo-amd64-2.6-basic-20031024.iso
11 http://gentoo.oregonstate.edu/experimental/amd64/livecd/gentoo-amd64-2.6-full-20031024.iso
12
13 The 2.6 livecd for amd64 should be preferred over the 2.4 livecd, as the
14 2.4 kernel did not provide the necessary hardware/driver support.
15
16 If anyone needs my updated livecd build scripts (based off LiveWire's
17 2.6a) they can be found here:
18 http://dev.gentoo.org/~brad_mssw/livecd-2.6a+amd64.tar.bz2
19
20 My final comment is someone needs to help poor Bob out a bit, he's stuck
21 at dial-up speeds, and he's done an amazing job with what little he
22 has (Cable/DSL is not available in his area). How about someone
23 hooking him up with a T1 or a Frame at least (Adopt a Dev program?)?
24
25 Have fun with the new CDs!
26
27 -Brad House