From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reorganization of /var/lib gentoo-related files
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:21:53
1 On Wednesday 31 of December 2008 16:57:12 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Gentoo does not comply with the FHS. It was established a long time ago
3 > that FHS is considered silly and any compliance is merely because the
4 > FHS people somehow managed to avoid screwing that particular area up.
5
6 Well, we're not here to deliberate about people's taste in FHS silliness
7 manner. FHS, being standard de-facto, following the definition of the word
8 "standard" as something accepted by majority and thus promised to be
9 respected. Not justified standard violations or justified by "I don't like it"
10 or "It's silly" should be repressed and some good standards should be
11 explicitly forced in my opinion. Otherwise, inconsistency will create the feel
12 of mess. I believe we can agree on this.
15 regards
16 MM