From: Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: sound@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Call for testers of xmms (especially UTF-8 / UTF-16 / UTF-16BE)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:32:20
1 Upstream development of xmms has been very sluggish, so I've been trying
2 to manage their bugzilla as well as ours to squash out as many xmms bugs
3 as possible. xmms-1.2.10-r8 (package.mask) has been out for a while,
4 and I've been updating the patchset over the past week to add in many
5 bug fixes and better unicode support in the mpg123 plugin. Please test
6 this package out because I'd like to remove it from package.mask soon.
7 Please make sure to 'cvs update' before emerging it because I just
8 updated the patches about 5 minutes ago.
9
10 Please test this especially if you use UTF-8 locale and latin1
11 (ISO-8859-1) encoding or if you use UTF-16 or UTF-16BE.
14 Thanks,
15 Jeremy
18 Jeremy Huddleston <eradicator@g.o>