From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some new xorg ebuilds
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:19:14
1 On Tuesday 19 April 2005 23:11, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > Any indication on the stability of the snapshots. I'm eager to try
4 > > out all the new sugar, but do want to keep a somewhat stable system.
5 >
6 > No guarantees one way or the other, but I'm using it as my regular X.
7 > And unless the stuff gets tested on your hardware, problems won't get
8 > caught and reported. Xorg CVS has traditionally been fairly stable.
9
10 I've found a bug (and reverted) in the matrox driver. When I start the new
11 version on my office system (with a matox g550) the resolution is low,
12 lines appear twice. Worse, it also garbles up the console such that it
13 seems that the buffer wordsize someway got changed as letters appear
14 duplicated and not at all.
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze