From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cvs.gentoo.org DSL update
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 17:12:39
1 On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 11:11:04AM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > For the last few weeks, I've been having DSL problems (cvs.gentoo.org is
5 > connected to the Internet via DSL). What you need to know is that my Internet
6 > connection tends to become disabled at about 4:30PM MST (7 hours behind UTC)
7 > every day, and that I experience major packet loss well into the night. A
8 > technician is scheduled to come out to diagnose the problem on Tuesday, but
9 > until then, you may want to try to avoid using rsync or cvs from 4:30PM MST all
10 > the way up until 12:00 AM MST.
11
12 The packet loss problem seems to be happening all day now... hopefully this
13 situation will be resolved by Wednesday. Until then, I effectively have a
14 0.5kbps connection to the Internet... we'll see whether this email gets out.
17 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
18 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
19 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.