From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: */*: More Py2 stuff
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 14:22:12
1 On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 10:03:47 -0400
2 Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Adjust the mask, drop the ebuild, or simply remove the mask. I would
5 > happily apologize for a mistake, but reverting something that is
6 > largely not in error seems silly.
7 >
8 > Again, this is a massive commit, but it should be the last time. Look
9 > at the previous sets of masks... impact vs inconvenience was pretty
10 > low.
13 I think you've been told several times already, but impacting users
14 with a mask (that can't do anything useful about it) and not bothering
15 to file bugs for developers (that *can* do something about it) is not
16 the proper way to achieve anything here.
17
18 I believe there are a few quiz questions that closely relate to that
19 kind of impact.