From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: switching default udev provider for new systems to udev
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 00:33:05
1 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> writes:
2
3 >> William - can you actually elaborate on WHY you want to change things?
4 >> Is there some problem with eudev? Is it actively maintained and
5 >> generally tracking upstream udev commits (minus whatever they
6 >> intentionally don't want to accept)?
7 >
8 > It is maintained primarily by one person the last time I checked, and I
9 > don't really know what he has included or not included from udev. What
10 > I can say is that the last release of eudev hit the tree a year ago,
11 > and I'm not sure about feature parity with udev.
12
13 What feature do you miss from systemd-udev that has been added within a
14 year?
15
16 udev should be a stable part of the system, I would rather have new
17 Gentoo users install something stable by default than a moving target.
18
19 Benda