From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] LibreSSL, introduce virtual/openssl
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 17:55:17
1 On Jan 26, 2015 11:01 AM, "Peter Stuge" <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 >
3 > Rich Freeman wrote:
6 > > there wouldn't be an /etc/init.d, but rather a bazillion
7 > > /pkg/guid/etc/init.d directories or something like that
8 >
9 > I guess an abstraction akin to pkg-config could solve the problem.
12 Sort of. You can't call a service "mysql" if both mysql and mariadb
13 use that name. Namespaces seem to always be a compromise between
14 convenience (I'm a sysadmin, not a system), and flexibility (if we
15 just identified users by guids and expected RSA authentication at the
16 keyboard we'd never have a problem).
19 Rich