From: "Michał Górny" <gentoo@××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Moving unmaintained packages to Sunrise
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:36:33
1 On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:07:12 +0300
2 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > If you start moving maintainer-needed package on Sunrise then Sunrise
5 > will end up as a garbage collector overlay having many many ebuilds
6 > that nobody will actually maintain. If you care about
7 > maintainer-needed package then step up and proxy maintain it. The
8 > delay ( which is not that big if you cooperate with an active
9 > developer/herd ) might be a drawback but still... I don't want
10 > sunrise to become a place where abandoned ebuilds will end up.
11
12 But who's talking here about moving abandoned ebuilds just to keep
13 them? I'd wanted just to make it simpler to switch the 'maintainership'
14 from Gentoo devs to Sunrise users, when the second are ready to
15 maintain the ebuild well.
16
17 You may take a look at Sunrise net-im/ekg2 ebuild as an example. It has
18 probably almost nothing in common with the original ebuild. It even uses
19 an alternate build system, allows to fine-tune the build like not many
20 packages do. Do you consider that an 'abandoned ebuild'?
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny
25
26 <http://mgorny.alt.pl>