From: Ben Lutgens <blutgens@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] vim help files
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:47:07
1 On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 10:17:57PM -0500, Ollie Rutherfurd wrote:
2 >Hello,
3 >
4 >By default, Vim cannot find the help files when you enter ':help', as it is
5 >looking for them to be gzipped, and they are not. I'm not sure whether they
6 >should be, compressed, or whether the setting is incorrect - but either way,
7 >they're out of sync. By removing the '.gz' at the end of line 38, of
8 >/etc/skel/.vimrc, I was able to view the help files (plus in my ~/.vimrc).
9
10 I updated the vimrc file on the install so it won't do that. Thanks for
11 the tip.
14 >-Ollie
15 >oliver@××××××××××.net
16 >