From: Michaeljohn Clement <mj@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] SVG-GFX autoconf issue
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:03:54
1 Hi,
2
3 I am attempting to compile glGo, an client for playing the game of Go,
4 which requires the sdl-gfx library, which I emerged with no problems.
5
6 However the .configure fails with the following joy:
7
8 checking SDL/SDL_rotozoom.h usability... no
9 checking SDL/SDL_rotozoom.h presence... no
10 checking for SDL/SDL_rotozoom.h... no
11 configure: error:
12 SDL_gfx headers not found.
13 Please install the SDL_gfx development package: http://www.libsdl.org
14
15 Which struck me as odd since I had just emerged sdl-gfx. However, I
16 further noticed that in fact /usr/include/SDL/ does not include these
17 files... they are rather dumped in /usr/include/ directly, which is not
18 where sdl-config looks for them. Creating symlinks fixed the problem,
19 but I strongly suspect the .h files are just ending up in the wrong
20 place during installation, all other SDL header files are in
21 /usr/include/SDL/. So, is this a problem upstream, or in the ebuild, or
22 something else?
23
24 Thanks.
25