From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [gentoostats continued] Collected data and justification for it
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 17:08:23
2 > I think we shouldn't collect any data unless we have a good plan on how
3 > we'd be able to use it. In this thread, I'd like to collect ideas
4 > on what data to collect and how it could realistically be used.
7 5) CFLAGS and possibly related variables
8 6) "active" version of slotted system packages (gcc, binutils, python, ???)
9
10 I see this as interesting for the toolchain maintenance, but also interesting
11 in general since we are a source-based distro.
12
13 * How many users are running LTO? doing Profiling? building generic (-
14 march=x86_64) packages? using -Os or -O3, -funroll-loop (just kidding)
15 * How quick is gcc / binutils / ... adoption?
16 * clang usage?
20 Andreas K. Hüttel
21 dilfridge@g.o
22 Gentoo Linux developer
23 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)