From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xorg-server 1.0.99/1.1 ABI break
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:25:33
1 Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> We are working to ensure the dependencies work as smoothly as possible,
4 >> but I expect there will be some issues since it's difficult to require
5 >> updates to all these optional drivers following an update to the server.
6 >
7 > wouldn't !< atoms solve that problem?
8
9 The drivers cannot be upgraded until a newer server is installed. So
10 technically, this would allow things to work by forcing people to
11 unmerge all their drivers before upgrading, then remerge the new
12 versions. That's not a very desirable solution either, but do you think
13 it's the best one?
14
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie