From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libpcre.so.3 - Compatibility with Debian
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:33:12
1 Ühel kenal päeval, N, 11.08.2016 kell 11:23, kirjutas james:
2 > Whilst devs are discussing the future of Valve's offerings on
3 > gentoo,
4 > it'd be wise to consider the effects of "Vulcan" as it is FOSS where
5 > all
6 > video card vendors can inter-operate with multiple game vendors.
7 > Vulcan
8 > will impact  those gaming codes, as Vulcan seems to be the clear
9 > pathway
10 > forward for Valve related to Open Source communities [1 3].
11
12 I have no idea what Vulcan is, besides the race in Star Trek or Roman
13 god, but Vulkan is tracked in https://bugs.gentoo.org/574886 and Intel
14 support in https://bugs.gentoo.org/580148
15
16 I was going to look into it as well on basis of Intel Vulkan with
17 dota2, but on that machine Steam doesn't even work anymore due to
18 https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steam-for-linux/issues/4537
19 so got rather demotivated. Basically a case where having a fully
20 working setup without steam runtime should also fix it. Current main
21 machine has Radeon Evergreen and so no current Vulkan implementation to
22 play with.
25 Mart