From: Brandon Low <lostlogic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] automated installs
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:38:11
1 Having built a linux based cluster previously, I will say simply this:
2 The easiest way to do what you need to is to make a CD image that boots,
3 fdisks, and then untars the single by hand install that you will have done
4 ;-). Then your CD should query a network server of some sort for
5 configuration files which will be generated so that each node in the
6 cluster will get unique information.
7
8 THis assumes that you are are going to be installing on a
9 homogeneous(sp?) cluster, of course, but that is how we did it.
10
11 Good Luck!
12
13 --Brandon