From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New metadata fields
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 15:20:06
1 On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Steve Dibb <beandog@g.o> wrote:
2 > I had an idea for some new fields to go in metadata.xml.  Not sure if we
3 > would need a GLEP for this or not?  Anyway, what do you guys think:
4 >
5 > Two things I can think of adding that would be useful:
6 >
7 > - ChangeLog URL
8 > - Bug Tracker
9 >
10 > I know I hate hunting down the two of them, and both of them could be useful
11 > references for developers and users.
12 >
13 > Plus, not every upstream has them, so they can of course be optional fields.
14 >
15 > Steve
19 mraudsepp pointed this out in irc (I didn't know about it either):
20 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=4
21
22 You are allowed to use <changelog> and <bugs-to>
23
24 So...have fun ;)
25
26 -Jeremy