From: Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: wigren@××××.se, liverbugg@××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] MythTV problem with QT's sql plugin
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:21:54
1 * Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com> [021120 14:04]:
2
3 >A few days ago I sent a MythTV ebuild to bugzilla, I have not updated it
4 >yet with any of the fixes/suggestions because I couldn't make it work on
5 >my system yet.
6 >Whenever I try to run any mythtv's binaries, I get the following error:
7
8 >QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
9 >QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
10 >couldn't open db
11
12 >I asked on the MythTV's mailing list, and it seems a problem to locate
13 >libqsqlmysql.so, I have it on /usr/qt/3/plugins/sqldrivers, which is the
14 >default on Gentoo if you compile QT with sql support (mysql USE flag).
15 >I also have the QTDIR envvar correctly set, and tried moving around the
16 >library, but still get the same problem.
17
18 OK, I just found it with strace.
19 It was looking for the plugin in the KDE's plugins dir
20 /usr/kde/3.1/lib/kde3/plugins/sqldrivers. A link to
21 /usr/qt/3/plugins/sqldrivers is a workaround.
22
23 I'll continue with it later today :)
27 Javier Marcet <jmarcet@×××××.com>