From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [OT] pkgcore bikeshed (was Portage team)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 18:05:34
1 On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:46:08 +0100
2 Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o> wrote:
3 > Rebuilds don't cause a different solution in the graph afaik; so, I
4 > wouldn't see how that would form a big problem. I also think this
5 > would still be covered by preserved-rebuild and/or revdep-rebuild
6 > afterwards.
7
8 There used to be a "feature" whereby if resolution took too long, you'd
9 get an incomplete answer. The second time you ran the resolution, the
10 time could differ, so you'd get a different incomplete answer. Dunno if
11 this has been fixed yet.
14 Ciaran McCreesh